Every Friday, you have a stem test. I asked that you write your new stems in your agenda. Please make sure that you are studying a little every night and not waiting until Thursday night!
This week's stems:
Test on Dec. 7th will include this weeks words along with:
tion-act or state
Reading logs are due every Friday. Make sure that you are reading at least two nights a week for 20 minutes each night. Then fill out your reading log and have your parent sign. If you lost your reading log, you may put your responses on a clean sheet of paper, but make sure you have all required information and a parent's signature. If you received a late on Friday, your log must be turned in on Monday completed.
Your AR points are due before December 10th. Make sure that you are reading your self-selected AR books and taking the tests, so you will accumulate your points. Remember that Illinois House gives out prizes for those that are completing their reading goals.
Please see below the Christmas or Winter Holliday Celebrations Research project for the month of December.
Christmas or Winter Holiday Celebrations Research project
Bibliography information from your sources: ( Must have at least two different sources) Include additional sources if necessary to fulfill all key points.
Source number one:
Source number two:
3. Write a research paper using all the information that you found throughout your research. All the points in #2 must be included in the paper. 3 days-Nov 30-Dec.4
Rubric for grading
You must write your paper and then work with a partner to revise. The final paper and the rough draft are due on Dec. 5.
4. Visual display- You must create a poster that displays answers to all of the points in #2. Posters must be neat, colorful, and with correct spelling. Posters are due on Dec. 7th
5. Oral presentation- Create notecards for your presentation. All key information should be in your presentation. Good eye contact, classroom voice, and professional body language are required for this presentation. Presentations will be given on Dec14, 17, 18, 19, and 20th.
6. Compare and Contrast diagram describing the similarities and differences between your selected county or culture and another. Due on Dec. 20th, and may be completed Dec. 14-20th as presentations are being delivered.
7. Christmas and Winter Holiday Celebration Party for our class!!-December 20
Bring in music, food, and games that your country or culture enjoys during their celebrations. Extra credit will be given for preparing the food, bringing in the selected music, and/or teaching us the games that they play.